History of Medicine Funding Opportunities
- AMS History of Medicine and Healthcare Post-Doctoral Fellowships and Project Grants. Administered by the Nova Scotia Health Research Foundation.
- Hannah Summer Studentships. Administered by the Canadian Society for the History of Medicine.
- AMS/Royal Society of Canada Jason A. Hannah Medal in the History of Medicine. To apply, visit the Royal Society of Canada Site.
- Nursing History Research Unit- annual scholarship of $10, 000 for graduate students who are undertaking thesis projects on issues of nursing, health and healthcare using historical perspectives. Administered by the University of Ottawa.
- AMS Graduate Student CSHM Congress Grants. Apply by visiting the Canadian Society for the History of Medicine website.
Compassionate Care Funding Opportunities
- AMS/OMSA Compassionate Care Research Grants. Visit the Ontario Medical Students Association website to apply.
- RNAO/AMS Fellowship Program. Administered by the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario .
- CFPC Janus Research Grants. Grants administered by the College of Family Physicians of Canada.
- Mimi Divinsky Awards for History and Narrative in Family Medicine (CFPC). Visit the College of Family Physicians of Canada site to apply.
- Patient’s Medical Home Grants (CFPC). Administered by the College of Family Physicians of Canada.
- AMS/RCPSC Donald Wilson Award. Administered by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons .
- AMS Phoenix Fellowships. Administered by AMS, you can apply on our site by visiting the application process page.